There can be situations when using OpenNode ISO installer or doing networked PXE installs is not possible (for example in case of pre-installed dedicated server offerings) - therefor we have created an helper script in order to assist converting existing CentOS installations into OpenNode compatible hosts.
####CentOS 6 to OpenNode OS 6 conversion
NB! CentOS to OpenNode OS conversion scripts are tested against minimal and default CentOS installs - which can be setup by using CentOS-6.x-x86_64-minimal.iso. Please note that conversion script must be run as root user.
yum install -y wget
wget -q -O - http://opennodecloud.com/download/centos6-to-opennode6.sh | bash
Conversion process description
- Conversion script will perform the following tasks in your CentOS system:
- updates system packages to latest versions
- installs opennode yum repo files (opennode-release rpm)
- pulls and installs all needed opennode related packages
- creates additional folder structure needed for opennode compability (eg /vz, /storage)
- migrates eth0 device IP configuration into vmbr0 bridge device (eg sets up bridge networking for KVM and OpenVZ virtual machines)
- carries out additional system reconfiguration needed for opennode host compability (disabling SELinux, etc)