We have created an helper script in order to assist converting existing CentOS 5 installations into OpenNode 1.1 compatible hosts.
There can be situations when using OpenNode ISO installer or doing networked PXE installs is not possible (for example in case of pre-installed dedicated server offerings) - therefor we have created an helper script in order to assist converting existing CentOS 5 installations into OpenNode compatible hosts.
Please note that centos2opennode.sh script must be run as root user and it will perform the following tasks in your CentOS 5 system:
- updates system packages to latest versions
- installs opennode yum repo files
- pulls and installs all needed opennode related packages
- creates additional folder structure needed for opennode compatibility
- migrates eth0 device IP configuration into vmbr0 bridge device (eg sets up bridge networking for KVM and OpenVZ virtual machines)
- carries out additional system reconfiguration needed for opennode host compatibility (disabling SELinux, etc)
For converting your CentOS 5 system to OpenNode please execute:
wget opennode.activesys.org/download/centos2opennode.sh chmod 750 centos2opennode.sh ./centos2opennode.sh wget opennode.activesys.org/download/centos2opennode.sh chmod 750 centos2opennode.sh ./centos2opennode.sh