Please see Quickstart Guide from OpenNode wiki (most up-to-date).
OpenNode OS installation methods
There are three supported methods available for OpenNode OS installations:
NB! Please contact us through email@example.com for OpenNode Network Install Server availability and support.
OpenNode Management Server installation
OMS is packaged and delivered simply as a VM appliance for the OpenNode host - shortcuts for installation and registration are provided by a local OpenNode TUI Utility and takes just a couple of minutes. There is only one OpenNode Management Server VM instance needed for managing multiple OpenNode OS hosts.
Please follow the OMS Setup howto guide.
OpenNode OS system requirements
- Only 64-bit server hardware is supported (for more memory and 64-bit guest support)
- Hardware Intel-VT or AMD-V virtualization support is required for KVM full virtualization to work (not required if using only OpenVZ linux containers)
- At least 25GB harddisk or RAID device is needed for install with automatic partitioning (providing full real-world usable partition scheme)
- If doing manual partitioning then OpenNode itself needs about 1,5GB free space on root partition
- Automatic softraid setup requires 2 identically sized harddisks
- At least 4GB of memory is needed - we recommend 8GB if running also several KVM guests
- CDROM device for booting installer from the OpenNode CD